Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Shoulders and more zipper riding

I've had this nagging pain in my shoulder for the last 2-3 months. I've been using the age old remedy called "ignore it and hope it will go away". That worked great for a little while, but its getting worse, I think I need to get it looked at. I'm hoping its just a strain and backing down a bit from climbing and biking will let it heal, but I guess I need an MRI to rule out any damage before I go down that road. I hate being injured. Right now biking and climbing (and physical exercise in general) is a huge part of my life. Obviously I know I can live without it, but psychologically I'm in a much better state when I get out in the woods and get my blood pumping. More to come on that I guess.

I got out for a solo ride at Case last night - once again I could ride on top of the crust, it made for a great ride just cruising among the trees, I had to ride some trails which were very bumpy, that definitely did NOT help the shoulder situation.

First band practice tonight in 3 weeks, I can't wait.

2 comments:

  1. Shoulders take time to heal, and judging by your biking and climbing activity it never gets a rest, it needs proper time and that could be up to 8 weeks of no riding or heavy lifting and minor movement let alone climbing and biking!. Even if you just strained it they take too long to heal, but you should not rule out mri to find out exactly whats going on in there. I am 3 weeks into a shoulder injury and I am thankful for the snow cause Id likely be in your boat too. Heal up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's bursitis. Feeling a little better, so I'm going with that.

    ReplyDelete