Sunday, December 30, 2012

Thunderbolt!

I got a text yesterday from my friend Breeze saying he was headed up to Greylock for a hike/ski and he had an empty seat in his car. "Yes" is a very short word, but not short enough to express how much I wanted to go.

It was a bit difficult to determine just how much snow they got up there, but based on what I could find and how the radar looked yesterday I thought it would be pretty good.

 I got up early so I could blow the snow off my driveway before I left - of course I get to the bottom of my driveway and the clutch goes out, ugh, fix that, tie it up with a jumprope and somehow finish the job in time. I will admit there were a few dark moments out there on the driveway where I was tempted to just send an "I'm out" text.

 I jam all my stuff in the car making it to the meet point just at the appointed time. I had very little time to sort through stuff, I just kind of threw everything in hoping I had enough stuff.

 It took us a little under 2 hours to climb to the top, conditions were amazing - a foot of fresh powder on top of who knows what. There were a few folks who made it down before us, but not many. I didn't even pull my skis down off the rafters last year, so its been a long time since I skied, it definitely showed. My descent was UGLY, powder is great and all, but when its broken up like that its not easy to ski in. I hit the deck a few times, but no harm done. Definitely not my finest skiing! Great time, so glad I got to join in.

No comments:

Post a Comment