Friday, November 1, 2013

First ride on the Fatty

I went on a nice ride on the Fatty today. It rained a bit this last night and this morning and it was very windy, that meant a ton of slippery wet leaves all over the place. Despite that it was a good time and a good test ride for the new bike. I have a little tweaking to do, but I'm about 90% there with the fit. I started with about 9.5PSI in the tires and kept letting air out until they felt good, I hit the rim once on a sharp rock, but I think I'm at a good spot. I'll check it with a gauge and keep that as a reference point.

I'm really happy with the bike, its a ton of fun and I'm sure I'll use it more than I would use my Kona Big Unit.

A couple of pictures:
On the log ride (again):







And on a little roller, normally I would say "steeper than it looks", but its really not that steep - its about right in the picture. 


No comments:

Post a Comment