Saturday, May 11, 2013

Nice cruise ride

I wasn't overly energized for a ride this morning, but really felt like I needed to get out, I had planned on getting out on Friday, and I probably could have squeezed a ride in, but I didn't want to rush (what a lame excuse).

I took it really easy and had an excellent ride. Tolland is such a great place to road ride, not much traffic, plenty of hills, though I guess the condition of some of the roads aren't all that great. I really only pushed on one downhill segment, which seemed to have disappeared from Strava. I recreated one, and I'm the KOM now, but I don't even see the person who was the KOM on the old segment, so I don't know if that's legal or not. Anyway, new top speed on the road bike at 49.4 mph. I'm still striving to break that 50mph barrier - I don't think Grant Hill is the place to do that, its just not long enough.

Probably heading out for a MTB ride in the AM, we'll see.


No comments:

Post a Comment