Thursday, May 9, 2013

Strong start, petered out

I had a hard ride on Tuesday night and didn't ride last night, I had limited time today so I did a shorter route for my lunch ride. I was pretty stiff in the beginning of the ride, but I loosened up pretty quickly. By the middle of the ride I was feeling pretty damn good and pedaling hard.

Then it hit.

About half way through the ride I could suddenly feel pain from the Tuesday night ride. I pretty much sat and spun the rest of the way home. It wasn't painful, it just felt like I needed to take it easy. Surprisingly that was my third fastest time on the Valley View climb, I was really relaxing on that climb. I think I'll see gains from road riding this summer, but its not like some miracle, its still work and you have to work hard to see the gains. I think the biggest thing I could do to improve things is to drop 5 or 10 pounds, another thing I need to work on more.

No comments:

Post a Comment