Friday, May 31, 2013

New hardtail

I found a crack in my purple Unit (yeah I said it).
A local rider helped out and I got a crash replacement frame. I had the choice of getting another Unit or a newer style frame Kona makes called the Big Unit. What self-respecting guy wouldn't buy the Big Unit? (yeah I said it again).
The new frame is a 20" whereas the old one was a 19". I seem to always get bikes that I can get rather than trying to find the right fit for a bike. I am sure the 20" will be fine, but I will probably need a shorter stem. I'm moving most of the parts over from my old bike. I need a new headset and needed to order a dropout that will work with gears as the frame came only with the singlespeed dropout. I considered having my brother make a dropout for me, but I just decided I'm just going to go for a new one to ensure compatibility. I'm a bit miffed that Kona didn't include both or that I didn't get to specify which one I wanted. I don't want to run SS.

I'll start the build up as soon as those two parts get here and hopefully be riding the new steed by next weekend.



No comments:

Post a Comment