Sunday, September 8, 2013

Full on weekend

We had beautiful weather this weekend. I rode with the Sunday group on Friday night at Hale. Great time, Hale is a mountain bike paradise - lots of hills and technical bits, A good crew and we kept a good pace throughout.

As we have cleaned up the garage I've been thinking about building a workbench. I was looking around and realized I had saved all the wood from the kids old playset. I looked through the wood and pulled out what I thought would work and I just started cutting stuff and within a few hours I had it pretty much done. I had one piece in the garage that didn't have any patina on it that I used for front two legs (kind of wish I didn't do that), but the rest of it has a nice weathered look. Its sturdy and fits perfectly in the space I had. Pretty happy with how it came out.

I have a lot more work to do around the house (there's always something) but it was such a stellar day I went out for a ride at Crandalls. I really tried to take it easy, which is not easy for me apparently, I had to keep telling myself to cut it back. I had the tunes running, so my phone ran out of battery before I was done (that's the straight line back

Sunday I went on the regular Sunday morning ride at the Snip, it was good, but there was a lot of stopping due to various issues, I had to be back, so one of the faster riders was nice enough to lead me out without any waiting while the other guys took their time. Some really great trails out there with serious technical sections and no shortage of climbing. We came across three ground bees nests, luckily only two of us got stung, unfortunately I was one of the two. No big deal, I'm not allergic or anything.

Sunday afternoon we did a little trail work to add some trails at a riding spot nearby. I can't wait for it to be done, should be just a few more sessions.
Quite a full weekend, its Sunday night and I'm beat!

No comments:

Post a Comment