Monday, September 9, 2013

A little night ride

Brandon texted me this afternoon and said he was riding at Mansfield Hollow tonight. In the last four days I've done 4 rides and two trail building sessions, so I was pretty beat. I figured it was a night ride so it would be pretty mellow, though I haven't ridden with Brandon in a while, we've always been pretty well matched.

I didn't realize he was planning on a longish ride at a pretty good pace. We ended up doing 16 miles in just under 2 hours, that's a long ride and that pace is pretty high (although Mansfield is fairly flat). I'll admit by about mile 12 my legs were DEAD. Climbing that doubletrack was painful.

Brandon has that SS riding nailed. He was cranking the whole ride. It's always great to ride with someone who's on their game.



No comments:

Post a Comment