Monday, December 30, 2013

Riding and more riding

I guess I'm on a bit of a riding tear - something like seven rides in eight days. I can't say any of the rides were stinkers, all good and all good fun. I've been riding the fatty a lot, but when it comes time to put the hammer down the RIP comes out. That thing is a rocket ship compared to the fatty, its especially noticeable after riding the fatty so much.

The kids got me a GorillaPod for Christmas, so today was the day to try that out. I did what was supposed to be a quick roll at Crandalls, but it turned out to be 10.5 miles, which is not a huge ride, but a really good time.







Its funny we were looking at making this cliff side path for a while and someone else took it upon themselves to create it. Its a great little addition that takes attention, if nothing else.





I wasn't planning on doing the trails on the other side of the stream, but as I rode on a nearby trail I noticed how full the stream was, I thought it would be a good picture. They didn't quite come out the way I wanted them to, but pretty good. Nothing better than splashing in water during warm weather or when you have water proof boots.














The camera makes everything looks so easy. These next two rollers are not easy at all, but these pictures sure make it look like its child's play.




5 comments:

  1. pics are keepers, what are you using for a camera a point and shoot? I rode the new line with those rock rollers by the stream, is that what I am seeing? I need more pics of me riding time for me to do the same thanks for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a three or four year old cannon. I haven't is it much lately, I forgot how good the pics are from it. Incidentally this camera went through the wash last year, I can't believe it even works!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a three or four year old cannon. I haven't is it much lately, I forgot how good the pics are from it. Incidentally this camera went through the wash last year, I can't believe it even works!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How are the new Lake 303's? Better than previous versions, or pretty much the same?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is my first pair of Lakes, so I can't compare them to older verisions - I had no idea how miserable cold feet was making me on winter rides, these things are great - no more numb feet! I have concerns with the boa laces, but so far they have been flawless. I bought them during a 20% off sale at Nashbar, best money I've spend on biking gear in a while.

    ReplyDelete