Friday, September 21, 2012

Work, work, work

It was a rough week at work, I was pretty burnt out by the end of the days, so I didn't get do much work on the bass. I don't want to start on this with less than a clear head.

I took some hard looks at the pieces and my completed basses and talked to a few people who have built guitars. So based on that I have started a build process list:
  - Square off sides of neck blank and fretboard
  - Scribe a square line where the nut/fretboard will be
  - Route slot for trussrod, create access to truss rod adjuster

  - Cut headstock angle
  - Shape neck

After I get to that point I'll figure out the next steps. I think the most challenging part will be figuring out how to drill the headstock to get access to the truss rod for adjustment. I have to find some videos, the basses I have all had that cut by a CNC machine, not with the kind of tools I have access to. 

Unfortunately it looks like this weekend will be pretty busy, so I doubt I'll get to work on it. I have a vacation week coming up in 3 weeks, I have a feeling that's when I'll make some real progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment