Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Slacking on the blog

Wow, I have been slacking on the blog posts! All six of you who read this must be disappointed!

I'll blame work, I had two trips in the last two weeks, these trips not only made my weeks hectic, they also made me cram in weekend activities, leaving little time for blogging apparently.

I have to really work to get rides in when I travel, but I've been keeping up pretty well. 

A quick summary of events:
  • Did a great ride with the NEMBA advanced group on Sunday. I would say by the end of the 17 mile ride everyone was pretty well whipped. 
  • Spent a week in Germany for work, sounds exciting, but it was pretty much a standard work trip, I saw a lot of the inside of hotels and conference rooms, not much else
  • Visited my uncle on a trip to Atlanta few weeks ago, haven't seen him in probably a dozen years, great to catch up with him and his family.
  • Finished stacking my firewood for the year, always a great day when that's done. The weather has been warm and dry, hopefully it will dry out some of that wet stuff the guy dropped off.
  • Broke the axle in my Hope hub, I'm no engineer, but its a pretty poor design and I don't expect the replacement axle to last much longer than the one that broke.
  • Found a spare wheel at Cutting Edge in Berlin, what a great bike shop, it felt like old times going in there and talking bikes at a bike shop, what a concept
  • Anger Buddy started a new recording project with two songs, we have all the base tracks done for one of the songs, we're using Reaper to mix this time around - tons of fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment