Sunday, February 9, 2014

Another fat ride to remember

Roland promised a ride for the history books this morning. I got an email about a ski happening this morning as well, so I had a decision to make. Given that I skied yesterday I decided I'd ride today. I was dubious that the conditions would be good based on my short attempt at riding yesterday. To my surprise we spent the morning riding snowmobile trails that were pretty well packed.

 Some of the trails were packed to the point where you could just ride, and not really think about it, but some of them required constant attention - if your front wheel got even a little sideways you were going down.

We adjusted the air a couple of times during the ride, at times there was almost nothing in my tires, probably 2 or 3 PSI (too low for my air gauge to read!). Even at those low pressures some of the climbs were impossible.
Still a great day out on the bike, makes that fatty investment that much sweeter, a regular bike wouldn't be any fun out there today - I think even the trails we had no problems on would have been impossible with a regular bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment