Monday, February 17, 2014

Ski

We got 3-4" of snow Saturday night, so Sunday I took the skis up to Crandalls. I missed out on several other opportunities with friends, but it was a somewhat hectic weekend and I had a limited window of time to recreate.

Conditions were as good as they get in the woods here in CT. The breakable crust was under enough snow that it didn't impact the skiing at all - nothing but smooth sailing no matter where I skied. I skied around off trail looking for the best hills and tracks through the trees. It was a good time, but breaking trail for 2 hours is quite a workout!



I did get to follow the snowshoe path for a bit, when I hit this it was like jumping onto a super highway, so fast and smooth compared to breaking trail.

That's it, sorry I didn't take more/better pics. 


No comments:

Post a Comment