Saturday, February 8, 2014

50th (yikes!) birthday celebration

We got together with the kids for a little birthday brunch today. Its great to see them both seeing life beyond college. Its hard not to worry about them, they both have are extremely busy, sometimes I wonder how they keep it all together. 

This afternoon I got out on the skis and fat bike at Bigelow - one of my favorite places to ride and ski. The skiing was very good, beyond very good. I followed a lot of trail, but also got in a little off trail hill fun and I had to break a little trail. It was all good fun. 
This seemed to be the right choice of brew for the mid-ski break. There was a fire still burning in the pit when I got there, it felt really good.

The trails were really packed and I thought I'd try the fat bike out (it happened to be in the truck). It was tough going. I kept letting air out of the tires until they were almost flat - probably 3PSI or something and I could stay on top, but just barely. Not that much fun. I took a trip down the road and did a quick lap on Mashapaug Lake, that was a lot of fun, though with the low air pressure there was quite a bit of resistance!
Nothing better than a winter view from the middle of the pond.


No comments:

Post a Comment