Tuesday, March 12, 2013

...and so it begins

I imagine this will take some time, but I started accumulating parts for my next instrument build today - I got wood for the neck. I am going to build a combo instrument along the lines of a Novax guitar - 3 bass strings and 5 guitar strings on one instrument. I'm going to call it a batar I am probably biting off more than I can chew with regards to actually being able to play it, but I'm excited to start the build.

I'll have to find some stuff to sell so I can afford the electronics and hardware, I think I'm going to need to figure that out pretty quickly as it will dictate the neck dimensions to some degree. 

This one will be completely from scratch and have fanned frets. I've never cut slots or fretted a neck before so this will be interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment