Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter hop

I got up early today and did a ride up at Crandalls. That place has become really good, I like the mixture of techy (not much) along with the twisty, hilly tracks. Zig and Zag out there are classic, love 'em. The fact that its a five minute drive from my house just makes it all that much better.

I felt great heading out. I'll admit I was gunning for some KOMs (King Of the Mountain in Strava) early in the ride. I retook it for the sections I was hammering on. It felt really great to be out in the woods cranking out the miles - while I still enjoy road riding, mountain biking will always be my first love, being out in the woods and challenging myself technically is just too much fun. I think aerobically mountain biking is tougher - you can always pedal more slowly on the road, the terrain in mountain biking just doesn't allow for "taking it easy" at times.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment