Saturday, April 20, 2013

Aaron's last college tennis match

Yesterday we went to Salve to watch Aaron play his last tennis match of his college career. It was a bit of a mess due to expected bad weather for the original date for the match. They moved it up a day which left Dawn and I scrambling to get Friday afternoon off work so we could attend.

They had a short ceremony for the graduating seniors where the Athletic Director and the Coach said some really nice things about Aaron - I was glad we were there to see it and share in that moment with Aaron. I only wished I knew we were going to be asked to stand for pictures I would have dressed a bit nicer :-D.

There's a short write up here, I suspect they will update it with the pictures from the ceremony and match.

Unfortunately the rain didn't hold off and they stopped and started the match twice before finally saying they would have to move it indoors. This took an hour or so of phone calls to find a place, by then Dawn and I were out of time and had to drive home. Of course we feel terrible about that - Aaron insisted we just go home (he's such a nice guy).

Aaron lost his doubles match, but he won his final singles match, a fitting way to end his career. I was never much of a team sports guy, but its easy to see the positive impact of competition and being part of a team in both of the kids. I'm proud of Aaron for his commitment and the leadership he shows as the captain of the team.

No comments:

Post a Comment