Saturday, April 6, 2013

Cold then warm

I rode with a couple of guys who also had the day off work yesterday. I woke up to cloudy skies and chilly temps. The weather guys said a high of over fifty, but it sure didn't look like it. It looked more like 40's and rain. I trusted them and headed out to the Comstock Bridge to meet up for our ride.

Back in the day this was a common ride because my brother lives nearby. It was fun to ride there again and see all the familiar spots along the way. One of the guys was just getting over and/or relapsing into a head cold, so we took it easy on the second half of the ride, but it was a good workout. I forgot to turn Strava on until we climbed the first hill, but I'm surprised there's only 1000' of climbing in this ride, it seems like one of the hillier rides. Anyway, great conditions, really nice to get out in the woods and crank it out. By the time we finished the clouds broke, the sun was bright, and the skies were blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment