Monday, April 29, 2013

Busy weekend

Monday again... these seem to happen way too often.

Busy weekend with a 20 mile road ride on Saturday morning to run some errands. There's something really satisfying about doing errands by bike, it gives the ride a little extra purpose. I probably could have accomplished the errands in 8 miles of riding, but I took the long way around. I can't say I focused on Segments at all on this ride, with the exception of the Grant Hill descent. I really tried to go as fast as I could, I think I need to start pedaling hard earlier so I hit the start of it going faster, that said 47mph on a road bike is a rush.


In the late afternoon we were walking the dog and one of our neighbors told us that they had made a trail in the open space in the neighborhood. Dawn and I had a mile long loop back there for years, but we kind of let it go. It amazing how quickly a trail gets reclaimed if you don't maintain or use it. Anyway, these guys had cleared out a 5 foot wide trail that, more or less, followed our original trail. We got the bikes out and did four or five laps around the trails - not great by any stretch, but its close by and there are some really good obstacles out there. Doing laps creates interesting GPS splotches.

We had the big Lease Signing Event at Sacred Heart yesterday afternoon so I had to do my mountain bike early and get back. Its amazing how different things are between my son and daughter. My son emails us the documents, we sign and fax them to the realtor, we never see the place, never meet anyone. On the other hand yesterday we met all the parents of the girls that will be living with Emily next year, discussed every aspect of the rental. Both approaches have merit, its just funny how different they are. Anyway, I rode Middlesex, which along with Bigelow and Nathan Hale make up my top three favorite riding spots in CT. I'm always amazed that its only 9 miles of riding. The climbing is relentless with steep rocks around every turn. You couldn't ask for better weather and we had a pretty evenly matched group out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment