Friday, October 4, 2013

Expensive ride

I didn't plan well yesterday so I headed out for a solo crank at Crandalls. I've been concentrating a bit on that place, just to make sure the trails get enough usage to keep them in play over the winter. Some of those trails see a LOT of use, others not so much.

I had a good ride and was just about done when I came across the Thursday night Hale group doing their own crank. I rode with them for a bit until I sucked in a stick and broke my derailleur off. I thought I broke my hanger, but upon looking at it today I see that the $90 derailleur saved the day and protected that $18 hanger. Whew.


I am now faced with a weekend (or more) of riding my HT or forking over $90 for an SLX derailleur locally. I can get an XT on line for the same price. I guess I'll take the SLX and stick with the FS bike.

I have been seriously thinking about selling the HT and picking up a fat bike. I'll see how things go, I guess. I never ride the HT, I think I would get more use out of a fat bike, even if its just on the occasional winter ride, I don't even get that on my HT.





No comments:

Post a Comment