Saturday, October 12, 2013

Lyme in the house

I found a deer tick embedded in my chest about a month and a half ago. 3 weeks ago I had a wicked fever and felt terrible, unfortunately those symptoms came on a Saturday, the day before I was going to Germany, I tried to go to a walk in clinic on Sunday morning, but the line was just too long to get me in before my flight.

I slowly felt better throughout the week in Germany and by the time I got home (and regained my sleep) I was pretty much back to 100%. This week I started feeling crappy again, same symptoms, fever, chills, headache and body aches.

I went to the doctor and they said I had enough of the symptoms to warrant a round of Doxy. I have no idea if I have Lyme or not, the doctor said the tests are so unreliable that its not worth getting the blood test.

Yesterday I laid on the couch all day, I can't recall the last time I was that sick. Hopefully this is it.

Kind of a crappy way to use a vacation day!

No comments:

Post a Comment