Monday, October 28, 2013

Sunday ride

I joined Hasenmesch's group ride on Sunday at Nassahegon in Burlington. I've ridden there a few times in the past, but always solo trying to pick my way through. Which means I spent a lot of time on fireroads and frustrated. I got a proper tour yesterday riding almost 18 miles.

I pulled into the parking lot and there were six very fit looking guys in spandex with an average body fat percentage in the single digits. I thought I was going to be sucking wind big time. It turned out they were mostly road riders who dabbled in mountain biking, so the pace was pretty reasonable throughout. Though they didn't seem to slow down at all, same speed beginning to end.

I was the most technically proficient rider on that ride (rare occurrence), I gotta say it was good for my psyche to be the only one who made a few sections. When I'm gasping for breath on some of these fast rides I just don't have anything in the tank to tackle the harder stuff. 

All in all a great ride and apres beer session was pretty good too, I got to taste Ghandi-Bot beer, which apparently is one of the top rated beers in the world - at the risk of sounding like a beer newbie, it was too hoppy for me. I like a little hop, but...

It was a really good ride with the majority of the riding on smooth, curvy trails with a few smallish hills. We hit a few technical bits that were a lot of fun too, I suspect there is more techy out there that we didn't hit.

No comments:

Post a Comment