Saturday, November 3, 2012

Fretlines sanded down

I couldn't help myself and I ended up shaving then sanding down the fretlines last night. It looks pretty understated, which is good, but it might be a bit tough to see in low light. We will see. I cleaned it off with a tacky rag and put just a few drops of lemon oil on it. Putting lemon oil on right now was not the right thing to do, but before I did that you literally couldn't see the fret lines at all and it freaked me out.


And a view of the whole neck - not a very good view, but...
I'll need to hit the neck with the radius block again to get everything even.

I stopped by the hardware store this morning and got fine grit sandpaper - I'll start with 320 and work my way up to 1600. I see sore hands in my future. I also need to install those impossibly small side dots. I actually don't have enough - I wasn't planning on a 24 fret neck. I'll just install what I have and order more. Ugh that stupid StewMac site has very high shipping, I hate to think what its going to cost me for these tiny dots.

No comments:

Post a Comment