Saturday, November 3, 2012

Fretlines

I discussed the fretlines with my design consultant (Dawn), she suggested that the maple would be too contrasting and would add to everything going on with the bass - considering all the spalting and the figuring on the fretboard. After looking at it and thinking about it, I had to agree. We both agreed the yellow was just too yellow. We tried the black and it looks the best, so that's what I went with. Once the glue is dry I'll cut and/or sand the slats down flush with the fretboard. It seems like that anigre is thin until you try to slip it in thin lines cut in the fretboard. A few minutes with the belt sander took care of that - its one of the few bench mounted power tools I have at home.

So here's the neck all loaded up with anigre strips.
Some of the slats were a bit loose, hopefully the glue will expand the anigre and there will be no gaps. 

No comments:

Post a Comment