Sunday, November 4, 2012

Side Dots

I've never done side dots before. It is something I really should have done before I glued the wings to the neck. They came out pretty good - not great, but not bad for a first try. I had to put the ones below the wings in at an angle - I couldn't get the drill close enough to the body to make the hole straight. Once they were in I sanded them flush. You can't tell they are at an angle at all. I really need two more dots for the last fret, but I'm not going to fret about it. HAHAHAHA I crack myself up.

I also spent almost two hours sanding - so the bass is pretty covered in dust, apologies for the not so great picture.

I'll spend another hour or two sanding then its off to be finished. I'm going to stick with my prediction of finishing by the end of next weekend. I'll do a coat of sanding sealer, then sand it, then do six or seven coats of tung oil. Patience, patience, patience. Its going to be tough.

No comments:

Post a Comment