Thursday, June 20, 2013

First ride on the Big Unit

Dawn and I did a short spin at Crandalls tonight - great night out there. Finally its dry after weeks of being literally under water. It was the first ride on the new bike. It was a lot of fun - in a harsh way. I say this every time I ride a hardtail now, but you have to remember how to ride, there's a lot more rider input needed to keep things moving and smooth. That bike is a rocket though, it carves really nicely and the efficiency of a hardtail is pretty nice too (not to mention its probably 5 lbs lighter than the RIP). I know it will be hard to reach for that thing when the RIP is right next to it, but I hope to ride it more often than I rode the purple Unit.
I have the Fit packed to go to KT in the morning, I'm pretty excited to go. It should be a good time with three days straight of riding, hopefully my legs are up to it!


No comments:

Post a Comment