Friday, June 28, 2013

Hardtail - fast impressions

I had the opportunity to catch a quick ride on the hardtail at Crandalls yesterday. It was a bit slippery, but really only two mud spots in the whole ride. I suppose this is really the second ride on the Big Unit, but it was the first where I was riding somewhat hard - I felt lazy so I wasn't exactly pushing the pace. While it was great on the smoother trails, I really did not enjoy riding it on the more technical ones. You really have to be aggressive with a hardtail, anticipating rocks and picking a good line. It is so much easier to ride a full suspension bike, if you're feeling lazy, you just sit down and let the suspension do its thing.

I do think that riding the hardtail sharpens up those skills you let fall by the wayside on the full suspension, so I'm going to try and force myself to take it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment