Monday, June 3, 2013

Hardtail build continues

I got the headset in the mail today so I installed the fork and brakes. I need to buy a crown race and starfangled nut installer. I HATE doing those two things with the wrong tools, it takes forever and I always end up doing and re-doing it so many times, such frustrating effort.

Anyway, I got them both in and on my way. I got the bike rolling, but that's about it. I have to wait for the seatpost (not absolutely necessary) and the geared dropout. I called Kona twice and sent them an email, I'm sure I got a PITA sticker on my file, the dropout is one the way, but I probably won't get it before the weekend.

I hate that seat color, I don't typically care about colors at all, but I was reminded that I have already spent too much to get this "relatively cheap" bike together, so I guess I'll have to go with it for now. On the half lap of the pump track it felt good, but I forgot how much you need pedals and a chain to even balance a bike, so not much of a test. C'mon dropout!


2 comments:

  1. Looking good, you better part with your rip for a moment and ride it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll definitely be riding this bike. I actually rode the purple one quite a bit, though mostly on the pump track. Looks like I won't get the parts until Monday, so have to wait until after the weekend.

    ReplyDelete