Sunday, January 13, 2013

Road in the fog

Between work travel and the stinky weather I haven't been getting out as much as I would like to. I managed to sneak in a 45 minute ride yesterday


Not a great ride, but it was a good reminder of how quickly your fitness level declines. I'm heading out on the road with a group today (how great is it to have friends who will ride in crappy conditions?). I think I'm going to have to consider inside alternatives to riding my bike - especially when I travel, riding once a week is just not enough.

I am just about done making some studded 29er tires. One of them is holding air perfectly the other (front) just doesn't want to seal. I'll keep pumping it up, I can see where its leaking - it will seal eventually. I was trying to get the bead to seat on the back tire yesterday, using the air compressor, it finally took air and I could hear the bead popping as it seated against the rim. I went for "just a little more air", which was just a little too much and the bead popped off the rim. Popped is probably not the right term, more like blew up. It sounded like a gunshot in the garage, Dawn came running out wondering what was going on. I figured that tire was toast, but after getting it back on the rim, it aired right up and is now holding air fine.

A good ice ride is one of those times when you feel like you're getting away with something you shouldn't be doing. Based on the warm temps over the next few days I highly doubt there will be an opportunity to use them anytime soon - but maybe I'll get a pond ride in next weekend.

We saw Emily run in the 400 yesterday, she looked great - it really looks like she's getting the hang of the distance. Back in high school I told her this was the distance she should be running, but I know its a hard one - basically sprinting for as long as you can. Its really great to see her make progress with running.

No comments:

Post a Comment