Sunday, January 20, 2013

Snow ride...Case

Got out early today for a ride at Case. Honestly I had pretty low expectations for conditions expecting to be plowing through mashed potatoes all ride. We were pleasantly surprised - probably 99% of the ride was on either compacted snow or open dirt, one spot of mud in the entire ride. The other 1% was nasty, loose, thigh busting snow. There was just one section that was truly painful, but even that, I'm on my bike, how bad could it be? As we rode things got loose, so glad we had the first couple of hours to get some miles in while it was still frozen. The down hills were so much fun, like skiing - I do wish I put on a more aggressive front tire though, the one on there was sliding out pretty good. There would be no KOMs on this day though.

No comments:

Post a Comment