Thursday, January 31, 2013

After flight ride

I just got back from week 4 of 8 weeks of straight travel. I wouldn't say that the exhaustion accumulates, but I was pretty beat. I guess just the regular, post work trip beat. I got off the plane to 48 degree weather and I decided I'd take a quick spin on the road bike when I got home. The temps are dropping and it got pretty windy as I rode - I almost got blown off my bike at one point, that's the first time that's ever happened. I barely saved myself from getting knocked over, kind of strange.

 I almost didn't go figuring I wasn't going to be able to really hammer out anything with my trip hangover. I realized about 100 yards into the ride that I don't have to hammer out a ride every time, hell I don't have to hammer out a ride ever if I don't want to. It was a really nice ride, I just kind of pedaled along at a mellow pace, enjoying being outside after 3 days of conference rooms, hotels, too much beer and too much food. I could use another ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment