Sunday, October 21, 2012

BSO

I had limited time today (I might get a bit more time tonight), but I got the major cuts done so its starting to look a bit more like a BSO (Bass Shaped Object) than a block of wood. The steps start to get exciting from here on it. Unfortunately its back to work on Monday, so I'm not going to have much time to put in.

So how do you take a block of wood and make it look like a bass? Cut off all the pieces that don't look like a bass:

After doing those cuts with the band saw I used a oscillating drum sander to fine tune the shape and take all the saw tooth marks out. The inlays look great, a few very small gaps I'll deal with (sawdust and glue should easily do the trick):


Apparently flipping in Photobucket only flips it there, not when you link to it, sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment