Saturday, October 20, 2012

First mock up

If I know myself (and I think I do) this is the first of many times I will do this - lay the stuff on top to see what it looks like - I made some changes to the outline, they are in pencil so you can't see them in this pictures.

It looks pretty good, but it will look a lot better once I get it cut, the extra wood hanging off the side is just so distracting. I need to line up a lot of stuff - where the control cavity, knobs, bridge and pickups will go. Also based on how everything glued up I'll need to tweak the design a bit. A few things didn't end up where they were supposed to. Not a big deal - just changing an arc here and there.



I have to get the headstock cut and drilled before I glue the wings up too. That's a lot of commitment :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment